Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Licensing question on cluster clearpass

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Licensing question on cluster clearpass

Posted Jul 31, 2015 12:40 PM

I was wondering if this could work this way

Let say we got a client which need to authenticate 9000 mac addresses

This client would like a cluster for redundancy so that means 2 HW servers of clearpass

It is possible to quote them 2 Clearpass of 5k for the cluster and at the end i would have 10k license.

If one of the servers FAILS then i would have just 5k license but with the license burst this shouldnt be an issue

Is htis scenario possible?

Having a cluster for redundancy and also the 10k capacity in license i need and eve if i loose one of the Servers with the license burst ill still have time to get the server back even if it goes over 5k license in the only server i got up?

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Licensing question on cluster clearpass
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 31, 2015 12:44 PM
    Yes, that's a common scenario as long as the expectation is set that in a failover event, capacity and performance will be impacted.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Licensing question on cluster clearpass

Posted Jul 31, 2015 01:03 PM

What kind of performance issues it could happens? at least what the end user will feel?

Will the authentication take more time? for example if he is trying to connect to the wireless network it will take a couple of mins to authenticate? or what is it?

• 4.  RE: Licensing question on cluster clearpass
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 31, 2015 04:05 PM
    Request processing time can go and there's a chance that you'll see
    timeouts.