Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

MDPS Issue with iOS

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  MDPS Issue with iOS

Posted Mar 15, 2012 12:25 AM

Hi All,

I was recently completing a demo of Amigopod and ran into trouble with the MDPS function.

I setup pretty much everything as per default settings and created Wi-Fi and provisioining profiles however when i complete the login and profile download to the IOS device, when i click install i am prompted with an error saying " Could not connect to the server"

The MDPS logs show the following as the last entry.

MDPS Access [id/1/4]: Phase 1 - Send Profile Service     

Client:    172.27.152.4:51613

App User: 

Script:    /mdps_profile.php

Function:  Phase1_SendProfileService

Arguments: (

'method' => 'GET',

'scheme' => 'http',

'host' => '172.27.151.62',

'port' => '80',

'uri' => '/mdps_profile.php/id/1/4',

I'm thinking that this is probably just a config error however thought i'd throw it out to the forum before i hassle the TAC.

Scott

• 2.  RE: MDPS Issue with iOS

Posted Mar 15, 2012 01:09 AM

Scott,

Was your demo setup on an Open SSID by any chance. You might be hitting the challenge of iOS automatically trying to detect the presence of a captive portal enabled network and displayed a mini browser or web sheet. This is known as the Apple Captive Network Assistant and will result in the WiFi being dropped on the client if a successful web authentication is not detected - this causes issues stepping through an enrolment workflow such as the MDPS one you are testing.

Take a look at this feature in Amigopod designed to bypass the display of this mini browser and allow you to leverage the native Safari browser for the entire provisioning process.

• 3.  RE: MDPS Issue with iOS

Posted Mar 27, 2012 11:09 PM

Hi Cam,

Sorry for the delay in responding, yes we were using open SSID and using 5.0.3 on controller so sounds like you're right on the money with this one.

I will suss this out with  the client and see if we can get it going.

Thanks again

Scott