Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Master/local controller ssl certs.

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Master/local controller ssl certs.

Posted Sep 16, 2016 09:24 AM

Good morning community,

When you have two controllers set up in a master/local setup do you have to one ssl cert for each controller? I installed the ssl cert on the master but my users are still having to add exceptions in their browsers or they can't pull up the portal. I can still see the old cert in the certification list along with the new one but when I try to delete it, it says cert is either not present or referenced by an application. On the master the new cert is listed under captive portal but on the local it says default. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Master/local controller ssl certs.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 16, 2016 09:32 AM

The captive portal is served up from the local controller. Certificates are not pushed from the master to locals. You would need install certs on each controller.

See here >> http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/ArubaOS-Default-Certificate-Revocation-FAQ-Controllers/ta-p/275809

• 3.  RE: Master/local controller ssl certs.

Posted Sep 16, 2016 10:59 AM

Thank you Sir.