Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Migrating Clearpass VM to new hardware

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Migrating Clearpass VM to new hardware

Posted Apr 30, 2019 06:12 AM

Hi All

I have a cluster of 2 x C2000V, these are currently running on dedicated hardware seperate to our main VM estate. The hardware is old and needs replaceing so I would like to migrate them to our main VM estate. Could someone point me in the direction of some documentation for how to migrtate a Clearpass 6.7 cluster. The reason for the migration is performance issues with the current hardware so I would like to stay away from vMotion or exporting OVA etc. so I assume the best solution would be to restore to a new VM from a backup, just can't find documentation on the process with 6.7.

Thanks

Dave 

• 2.  RE: Migrating Clearpass VM to new hardware

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 30, 2019 06:27 AM

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=33099

You can install new VM with recommanded resources and restore old backup. Once server is up,copy license/certiicate from old server and install on new server.

• 3.  RE: Migrating Clearpass VM to new hardware

Posted Apr 30, 2019 06:29 AM
    vMotion is possible but I suggest you to shut down the machines before the migration. vMotion is the easy and fastest way.