Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Multiple DURs per port

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Multiple DURs per port

Posted Sep 11, 2018 11:43 PM

Hello team,

I'm unable to find documentation concerning multiple downloadable user roles to a single switch port. The Wired Guide seems to refer to a local user role for VOIP products.

Use case: PC or Printer connected between a VOIP product. Currently, CPPM is configured to return a VOIP DUR (with tagged and untagged VLAN - I know the latter is an issue) and then a role specific DUR based on user/machine attribute for the device authenticating behind it.

Such a design doesn't seem probable based on my experience with AAA products, and I cannot find any documentation....thoughts?

• 2.  RE: Multiple DURs per port
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 11, 2018 11:47 PM
    Roles are assigned by MAC address. Simply configure the policy in ClearPass to return the appropriate role for each device/user type following the Solution Guide for Wired Policy Enforcement.

• 3.  RE: Multiple DURs per port

Posted Sep 11, 2018 11:53 PM

Gotcha, DURs will then take a "user" instead of "port" based approach.

Is there any documentation on DUR ACL size limitations and/or limitation on the number of DURs assigned in total? Or is it just going to be dependent on switch model ACL capacity either locally or through IDM?

• 4.  RE: Multiple DURs per port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 11, 2018 11:59 PM
    Yes, user roles are per user.

Regarding switch capacity, I would recommend asking that in the switching forum. I don’t know the answer.

• 5.  RE: Multiple DURs per port

Posted Sep 12, 2018 12:00 AM

Thanks Tim. Enjoy your travels!