Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Need to Get more detail around Clearpass License Usage

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Need to Get more detail around Clearpass License Usage

Posted Jan 11, 2017 01:17 AM

Hi

I was wondering how I can get more information around my Clearpass current license usage.

I have 4 x5k VMs in a cluster giving me 20K Policy Manager Licences - when i log in on the cluster I have a banner indicating my licensing has been exceeded and I have 20862 devices -- however when I go to the licensing page it indicates that my Used count is only at 15597.

I understand how the Licensing gets averaged out over 7 days and so forth -- however I need to check how long it has been exceeded, when the average calculation will be reset, aswell as when will we be affected by the license exceeded behaviour of clearpass.
    Any aditional licensing information I can get other than the normal information displayed on the GUI will be great.

THX in advance

• 2.  RE: Need to Get more detail around Clearpass License Usage

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 11, 2017 02:19 AM
    Once you hit the violation mark it will show for the 30 day period until the reset at the end of the month. You might have had a violation the week before and when you are looking at it that day it is after the event happened it will only show for that day.