Security

last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

New Admin account with specific privs

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  New Admin account with specific privs

Posted Jul 09, 2019 02:07 PM

I created a new account under  

Administration » Users and Privileges » Admin Privileges

with specific privileges.  However, I'm having a difficult time understanding how I map a role to that account. I have an admin logon service that checks AD to see if the user is in a particular AD group and based on that gives you are which give you an admin priv.  So right now it's working for the network admins in my company.  If you log in and you are in the network admins AD group you are given Super Administrator.  I'm am looking to give my help desk users a role that ties to the admin privilege account I created called service desk but I can't get that tie the role to the admin.  Any documents that walk me through that?

• 2.  RE: New Admin account with specific privs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 09, 2019 02:16 PM
    Clone an existing enforcement profile, change to the new admin role name, and then add a rule in your enforcement policy that checks group membership and returns that profile.

• 3.  RE: New Admin account with specific privs

Posted Jul 10, 2019 09:42 AM

When I try to modify my enforcement policy to point to the new enforcement profile it doesn't give me the option to choose the EP I created for the new admin account