Security

Occasional Contributor I

Notification of guest accounts due to expire in X days?

Hi

A customer have long term subcontractors connecting to the guest network with guest accounts with 6 month validity time.
Is there any built in feature to send a notification to the subcontractor and sponsor in advance to the expire date?

The function should be similar to the notice sent when a certificate in Onboard is due to expire.

The only solution I can think of is to do this with API, but my request is if there are any other ways to achieve the same.

Best Regards
Jonas Hammarbäck | Aranya AB
Network Architect, ACMA, ACMP, ACCP

Re: Notification of guest accounts due to expire in X days?

You coudl try "Expiration Warning Options" under ClearPass Guest >> Configuration >> Guest Manager.

Thank you,
Saravanan Rajagopal

**Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the post.

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

Thank you for the information.

This would solve half the issue, but not send a request to the sponsor to extend the account.

Best Regards
Jonas Hammarbäck | Aranya AB
Network Architect, ACMA, ACMP, ACCP

You could enable Send Copies and try calling the sponsor_email as below.

Send Copies: => Always send using 'cc:'

Copies To: => {$sponsor_email}

Note: I have not tested this before. But, give it a try.

You can go with API if the above doesn't work for you.

Thank you,
Saravanan Rajagopal

**Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the post.

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
New Contributor

Hi, has anyone worked out how to CC the sponsor?  I have tried {$sponsor_email} and _admin with no luck?

Aruba Employee

I believe this is a different Q hence it would be best to open a new thread.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: