Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

OnBoard Whitelist - Captive Portal Redirect - Android

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  OnBoard Whitelist - Captive Portal Redirect - Android

Posted Nov 30, 2016 12:12 PM

I am trying to get OnBoard and Guest Redirect working on the same SSID. The typicaly deployment for OnBoard is to have employees connect to the guest network, get redirected to a Captive Portal in which they can then register their device. This works with a catch...

To allow access to the Google Play store to download the QuickConnect application, a whitelist neesds created and applied to the L3 Auth page for the captive portal redirect. When this Whitelist is applied, Android no longer detects that it is behind a captive portal and therefore does not automatically redirect the client to the portal. The user could open a browser and navigate to the web which would then redirect to the portal but this is less desirable.

The Guest network is used for both Guests as well as OnBoarding. Now when normal Guest connect to the network, they are not redirected. 

Anyone have a working solution to allow both and keep all functionality?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: OnBoard Whitelist - Captive Portal Redirect - Android
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 30, 2016 12:19 PM
    You cannot use captive network assistants with Onboard.

Also, be sure you're using this list:

netdestination GOOGLE-PLAY-081016

name *.ggpht.com

name *.play.googleapis.com

name android.clients.google.com

name www.googleapis.com

name *.gvt1.com

!

• 3.  RE: OnBoard Whitelist - Captive Portal Redirect - Android

Posted Nov 30, 2016 12:33 PM

Ok, thats what I thought. Just wasnt sure if there was a work around I was not aware of. Thanks Tim.