Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Onboarding

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Onboarding

Posted May 03, 2019 12:21 PM

My understanding for Onboarding was that it is used for employees owned personal devices. However, I do also see in some places that Onboarding is also used for Guests. I am not sure what situtation would require Onboarding Guest devices!  

• 2.  RE: Onboarding

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2019 01:16 PM

Hello Faadi,

Onboarding is basically for the employee's personal device, which are not domain joined, where IT cannot control them. employee will do onboard to there personal device, so they can do 802.1x, either eap mschap v2 or eap TLS.

Guest users typically do, captive portal and as they do not need internal access and also they do not need to go through the complex process of onboarding, just for connecting once or twice, when they are visiting.

hope this helps..

--

• 3.  RE: Onboarding

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 03, 2019 03:04 PM
    Assisted Onboard is for any unmanaged device. It does not have to be an employee personal device. The Onboard platform itself also supports issuance via management tools like AirWatch and JAMF via SCEP or EST.