Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Passcode policy on Android

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Passcode policy on Android

Posted Feb 05, 2013 04:19 AM

Hi

I have deployed Clearpass Onboard for evaluation of the technology and successfully onboarded Windows, iOS and Android devices. But on Android i get a passcode policy deployed to the device. This policy require PIN to unlock.

Clearpass Onboard passcode policy is with default settings, ie not enabled, and according to documentation this only apply to iOS devices.

How do I remove the policy that has been pushed to the Android device? Android version 4.1.2

In a BYOD scenario, how can configuration settings deployed by Onboard be removed from a device if the owner of the device leaves the organization and the device shouldn't be configured any more.

Of course certificates can be revoked to block access but is it possible to clean configuration from the device?

Regards

Jonas Erlund Hammarbäck

• 2.  RE: Passcode policy on Android

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2013 07:33 AM

Android makes you put a passcode on a device that has a client-side key.  Some versions also make you also do this if you have PEAP credentials or a preshared key for WLAN networks.  It is an android limitation.

You can delete or "forget" the WLAN and/or  delete the TLS certificate  to remove the WLAN settings.  You still have to go in and remove the passcode manually, however.  This all depends on the version and the "skin" (Touchwiz, Sense) that you are using.

• 3.  RE: Passcode policy on Android

Posted Feb 06, 2013 08:10 AM

Thank you,

I will try this and see if it solves the issue.

BR
    Jonas