Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Posturing iOS and Android

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Posturing iOS and Android

Posted Dec 24, 2015 10:00 AM

I have a need to posture mobile devices like iOS and Andoid, specifically to determine if they have proper encryption enabled prior to allowing access to the wireless network. From what I know of CP it doesn't look there is support for iOS or android. Has anyone else found a way to do this with clearpass onguard or is this more of a function for MDM solutions?

What about kicking off a nessus scan on initial connection to determine device compliance with the MDM encryption policies? Although this won't scan the device directly so only useful for those devices enrolled I would imagine.

Appreciate any feedback from anyone who has run into this requirement on their network and how they satisfied it using clearpass, MDM, or some other solution.

Thanks, GR

• 2.  RE: Posturing iOS and Android

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 24, 2015 10:02 AM
    This is a function of MDM. ClearPass can then talk to your MDM solution.

Sent from Nine

• 3.  RE: Posturing iOS and Android

Posted Dec 24, 2015 10:04 AM

Got it, and from that info, clearpass can enforce a policy based on encryption level I am assuming.

What about devices that are not part of any MDM solution or MDM is not available? Sounds like there is no way to determine encryption levels of a device directly from clearpass.

• 4.  RE: Posturing iOS and Android

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 24, 2015 10:06 AM
    Correct. It is not possible to detect encryption out of band.

Sent from Nine