Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Pulling Custom Attributes from Endpoint DB to Display on Guest Web Page

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Pulling Custom Attributes from Endpoint DB to Display on Guest Web Page

Posted Nov 20, 2018 11:12 AM

So we are going to be modifying Clearpass to do a mac and user auth for our enterprise network. I have the test lab setup to do everything properly at the moments. I am currently putting together the access deny page for when a enterprise computer connects to the guest network by accident or simple mistake by the users. With the community I work with if the computer doesn't scream access deny they will put in help desk tickets saying the entire guest network is down. 

With this being said when they get on the guest network I want a page to be displayed saying access denied with some information. Currently the page is created and I am using a smarty configuration to display the mac of the user as such below:

{$smarty.get.mac|escape}

Is there an easy way if I write via a post auth to the endpoint db the username to an attribute, to get the attribute to display on the guest web page?

Keep in mind the web page is set as a web page and not a web login page under clearpass guest.

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: Pulling Custom Attributes from Endpoint DB to Display on Guest Web Page
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 20, 2018 12:47 PM

• 3.  RE: Pulling Custom Attributes from Endpoint DB to Display on Guest Web Page

Posted Nov 20, 2018 01:08 PM

It does meet what I am looking for. 1 thing I noticed though. If I create a custom attribute in the dictionary and assign the attribute to the endpoint the system will display just a "0". I also add the dump of attributes and the end point had it assigned with details.