Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Report for amount of accounts generated by each sponsor

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Report for amount of accounts generated by each sponsor

Posted May 16, 2012 02:20 AM

Hi All,

I'm fairly new on the Clearpass stuff if I'm honest. I've worked out the basics of it.

A customer of mine would like to be able to generate a report that shows the guest accounts generated (in a period), and which sponsor authorised them.

In simple terms, it might look like this...

SPONSOR               GUEST ACCOUNT AUTHORISED          DATE CREATED

bob@acme.com       jane@theinternet.com                              01-01-2012

simon@acme.com   greg@hotmail.com                                   02-01-2012

Basically, he wants to keep track of which employees are authorising self registered guests and in what volume.

Anybody know if this is possible in the reports? If so, tips on how to do it would be appreciated!

• 2.  RE: Report for amount of accounts generated by each sponsor

Posted May 16, 2012 10:31 AM

Hi!

I did not find a way to do it completely that way through Reports. The reports need a date/time field to filter on and the only one they can use seems to be the session_start field. So you could easily do this through Reports, but then the report would not include the accounts made that were never used.

If thats OK, then it's easy and should be almost self-explanatory once you get into the Reporting/Create Report interface. Make the report as Text, choose a name, and continue. Choose the fields sponsor_email, email and create_time, and the default time interval for the report. This one you can have auto-emailed to a email address you choose.

If you need everyone made, then you're looking at changing the default export view used in Guest/List accounts.

Click Guest -> List Accounts. Choose "More Options" -> Export Guest Accounts.

Click "Customize default export view", and add the fields you need.

Note! For the field create_time you will have to change the Column Format to "Date" to get the right date format.

As a sidenote - would like to know if it's possible to change to another Export View rather than just change the default one. I have the option to create a new View, but no way to make the export_text use this view when exporting..

• 3.  RE: Report for amount of accounts generated by each sponsor

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 21, 2012 11:09 AM

jsolb, No links are auto created, but when you duplicate a base form you will see those items have a Use action.  You will see it takes you to your page with ?view_id=guest_export_1 appended.  Bookmark those as you please.

• 4.  RE: Report for amount of accounts generated by each sponsor

Posted May 22, 2012 06:27 AM
    Sure, but when I Use the new view and select export view it still godes back to use the default view. I'll try some more, but it did not sees possible eve bookmarking these..