Security

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Reset Aruba 8325 password/OS

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Reset Aruba 8325 password/OS

Posted Jun 14, 2019 03:24 AM

Forgot admin passwort of an Aruba 8325 switch. How do I reset the password or reset OS it to it's default? It's only a test device. 

• 2.  RE: Reset Aruba 8325 password/OS

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 14, 2019 10:57 AM

Haven't you pressed the Reset button on the front (bottom left) of your Aruba 8325 Switch yet?

• 3.  RE: Reset Aruba 8325 password/OS

Posted Jun 15, 2019 05:03 AM
    I already pressed the Reset button. Then the OS restarts, but with configuration and password.

• 4.  RE: Reset Aruba 8325 password/OS
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 15, 2019 10:57 AM

If you're consoled to the Aruba 8325 are you then able to select and login into the "Service OS Console" profile during the boot process?

During each boot you should briefly see a Boot Profiles menù showing up (with three choices: 0 - Service OS Console, 1 - Primary and 2 - Secondary) and you should be able to select "Service OS Console", which is the first choice, at that point there are two special possible commands that can be executed without login: reboot and zeroize, you should use the zeroize because, exactly at this point, you need to reset the admin user account's password, the one you forgot/don't know.

Pay attention that you need a proof-of-being-capable-of-physical-access to the Aruba 8xx0 Switch through inserting a USB stick FAT32 formatted with a particular txt file in it (instructions how to populate this zeroize.txt file will appear once you commit the zeroize Service OS command)

That should do the trick and save you the day.

The principle is well desribed into the Aruba 832x Diagnostics and Supportability Guide for ArubaOS-CX 10.02 (but it is also valid for ArubaOS-CX 10.01).

Another approach would be to verify if the admin login into Service OS Console will require a password (if that was set at ArubaOS-CX level)...if no password is required...then the zeroize procedure is not strictly necessary and you should be able to circumvent your issue by just set the admin user password for the first time (If I understood the guide correctly and if enhanced secure mode is NOT enabled) indeed the password Service OS Command "sets the admin user account password for both Service OS and ArubaOS-CX once the user boots into ArubaOS-CX and saves the configuration. This will overwrite the previous password if one exists."..

• 5.  RE: Reset Aruba 8325 password/OS

Posted Jun 16, 2019 05:52 AM
    Thank you, that‘s exactly what I needed!

• 6.  RE: Reset Aruba 8325 password/OS

Posted Jan 18, 2024 03:45 PM

Thanks for the great information. That's an interesting process. Still working perfectly with 10.07. I wish everything was that easy...