Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Return a Clearpass FQDN name in an enforcement profile

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Return a Clearpass FQDN name in an enforcement profile

Posted Sep 29, 2020 06:36 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to return the clearpass FQDN using a Radius enforcement profile.

It has to do with guest auth and mac-caching

The idea is that MAC authentication could be load-balanced on 2 Clearpass appliances in different subnets. However, if the device is not in the endpoint db, I want sent the redirect URL that is directed to the Clearpass appliance that receives the authentication.

Perhaps I'm looking at this in a wrong way. But if there is a variable that would return the FQDN I could make the enforcement profile dynamic.

• 2.  RE: Return a Clearpass FQDN name in an enforcement profile

Posted Sep 29, 2020 08:01 AM
    What Network access devices are you using ?

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile

• 3.  RE: Return a Clearpass FQDN name in an enforcement profile

Posted Sep 29, 2020 10:07 AM

Which VSA are you trying to return this in?

• 4.  RE: Return a Clearpass FQDN name in an enforcement profile

Posted Sep 30, 2020 03:17 AM

In this case it is with Ruckus. 
    But with another customer I am doing the same thing with cisco wired web auth. There I just configured rules in the policy "if dest.ip==ip clearpass-A then return url https://FQDN Clearpass-A/guest/portal.php.
    I don't really like that solution since it requires multiple profiles and policy rules. It isn't bad if there are just 2 appliances. But when you set it up with a bunch of subscribers, FQDN or IP changes can cause a lot of work and opportunity for mistakes.

I was thinking about returning it in the WISPr redirection url. Inserting the FQDN in the URL itself.

• 5.  RE: Return a Clearpass FQDN name in an enforcement profile

Posted Sep 30, 2020 09:10 AM
    Are you using WISPr?