Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

SQL Server Error

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  SQL Server Error

Posted Mar 27, 2014 08:37 AM

Has anyone had problems connecting to SQL Server 2008R2 from CPPM since the 6.3 upgrade?  I had a SQL Server authentication source working under 6.2 which is not working since upgrading.  The login info and query haven't changed, but I now get  "the connection attempt has failed" when attempting to save the attributes screen.

in addition, I'm seeing this in my SQL Server logs, "The login packet used to open the connection is structurally invalid; the connection has been closed. Please contact the vendor of the client library." anytime CPPM tries to connect.  It seems like something with the ODBC driver changed.

I do have a case open about this, but was curious if anyone else has seen it.

• 2.  RE: SQL Server Error

Posted Mar 28, 2014 02:19 AM

there was one Known issue with respect to SQL Validations which was addressed in 6.3.1 similar to the one you mentioned above and there are couple of more fixes are going into 6.3.2.

can you try your tests on 6.3.1?

• 3.  RE: SQL Server Error

Posted Mar 28, 2014 09:18 AM

@keerthi wrote:

there was one Known issue with respect to SQL Validations which was addressed in 6.3.1 similar to the one you mentioned above and there are couple of more fixes are going into 6.3.2.

can you try your tests on 6.3.1?

I'm currently running 6.3.1 with the cumulative patch from 3/18, so the error seems to still be there.  I haven't seen 6.3.2 show up in my updates yet.