Security

New Contributor

Search Static Host List and Device Registration

Hi All,

I am trying to track down a device that was added to an incorrect SHL. Is there a way to search the lists for a mac-address?

Also, I have read some posts that device registrtation should be used vs SHL. Is this device registration through the guest portal only?

Guru Elite

Re: Search Static Host List and Device Registration

No, there’s not an easy way to search in the GUI (you could however use the REST API). This is one of the many reasons why Device Registration should be used.

RE: guest portal. Not sure what you mean. If you mean the UI called Guest, then yes. The Guest side of the product handles all user facing workflows including Device Registration.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
MVP Guru

In Configuration » Identity » Static Host Lists page you can search for specific MAC.

Regards,
Pavan
If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
New Contributor

Yes the Guest UI. I will look into both the REST API and the device registration to get a better understanding of how it could fit into our environment.

Thanks.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: