Security

Highlighted
MVP

Re: Session expire time

To be honest - I don't really know how to do accounting based authentication in CPPM/CPGUEST 6.x.

I used it previously in Amigopod/CP-Guest 3.9.x.

Then it was more or less all described here: 

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ClearPass-formerly-known-as/Amigopod-3-5-Documentation-and-VRD/td-p/18554

Now - just browsing through the menus I see an Enforcement Profile named "Guest Bandwith Limit". This is already referenced in the "Standard Guest Access" service so just changing the Profile parameter Allowed-Limit to something else should enforce it...

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCX #902 :: ACSA
Aruba Partner Ambassador
Intelecom/NetNordic - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

Ok thanks, I'll try with those tools.

Dimitri

Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

I back,

On CPPM, I can see this Enforcement Profiles used by the Guest Access service.

aruba_policies_sessionTimeout.PNG

I think it's what I need (session timeout) but I am not sure if it's the session or the account that is timeout. Moreover  I don't really understand how works the Value. Can I change it to something like 1 hour ?

Thanks

Dimitri

Highlighted
MVP

I believe that parameter correlates to the Expiry Time of the user account which is set at creation. Changing the value in Enforcement Profile overrides that and doesn't give you the intended effect.

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCX #902 :: ACSA
Aruba Partner Ambassador
Intelecom/NetNordic - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

Ok so it's not what I want.

Thanks

Dimitri

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: