Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Tacacs Access to Mellanox from Clearpass

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Tacacs Access to Mellanox from Clearpass

Posted May 06, 2019 02:45 AM

Hi all

has anyone succsefully configures TACACs on a mellanox switch with clearpass, I need help , cannot get it right . tried with cisco settings but it didnt work........     

Thanks

Sven

• 2.  RE: Tacacs Access to Mellanox from Clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 08, 2019 05:27 AM

Could you be a bit more specific on where you currently struggle?

Have you been able to configure the Mellanox switch in such a way, that TACACS requests are being sent to ClearPass?

• 3.  RE: Tacacs Access to Mellanox from Clearpass

Posted May 29, 2019 02:11 PM

I am having the same problem.  I can create a tacacs service and import it but I'm not sure what the services has to have in it for the mlnx-exec.

So I log in, it says I pass authenticaiton and the alert is shown and I get re-prompted for the password.

image.png

• 4.  RE: Tacacs Access to Mellanox from Clearpass

Posted Jun 17, 2019 03:53 PM

BTW, I solved this issue.  I added this to the Tacacs Dictionary and specified this service in the profile.  I probably don't need the attribute, just the service...

<TacacsServiceDictionary dispName="mlnx-exec:unknown" name="mlnx-exec:unknown">
          <ServiceAttribute dataType="String" dispName="protocol" name="protocol"/>
        </TacacsServiceDictionary>

mellanox.jpg

• 5.  RE: Tacacs Access to Mellanox from Clearpass

Posted Jun 24, 2019 09:21 AM

Hi All , Thanks Phillip for your input , I figured it out , I had to export the TACACS dictionary first then add to the xml and import it back.  

Works like a charm.. Your a legend. Thank you

• 6.  RE: Tacacs Access to Mellanox from Clearpass

Posted Jun 24, 2019 09:23 AM

Hi All and Phillip , it works perfectly Thank you

I exported the tacacs dictionary added the script you gave and it worked .

Your a legend thank you