Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Update radius:ietf session-timeout on MAC auth?

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Update radius:ietf session-timeout on MAC auth?

Posted Feb 02, 2018 10:57 AM

Hey hopefully someone can help me figure this out...Cisco WLAN w/ CPPM Guest.

So after a user has authenticated and processed portal, a radius session timeout is sent to the Cisco WLC. All of this works great. Guest account is enabled, not expired.

If the user disconnects from the SSID, idle-timeout kicks in on the controller and this user is removed from the WLC. If the user comes back within the account expiry period (i.e. 12 hours), when they re-associate, it hits my [Mac Cache] role where I do a bunch of checks on top of the default ones and what happens is I send an ACK to the controller with the PERMIT ACL but my radius session is 0 so if the user stays connected, they will never see a portal even after the guest account expires. They would need to do a MAC AUTH in order for that to happen (disconnect/reconnect to the SSID).

So i thought I would send the following (in a profile) during the MAC Authentication Enforcement Policy

remaining_expiration.PNG

(Tips:Role  EQUALS  [MAC Caching])CDPQ_PUBLIC_ACK, CDPQ_PUBLIC Guest Session Timeout

But I get this error in Access Tracker..

Policy serverFailed to get value for attributes=[RemainingExpiration]

Found this thread but not quite sure how to handle it..

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Security/Policy-server-Failed-to-get-value-for-attributes/m-p/271180

I guess I am not 100% sure on how Clearpass handles this behavior when its MAC and Guest interacting with each other...

• 2.  RE: Update radius:ietf session-timeout on MAC auth?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 02, 2018 11:04 AM
    You'd have to get into some custom SQL as you're trying to compare an endpoint to a user and the Guest User Repository only filters on users by default.

• 3.  RE: Update radius:ietf session-timeout on MAC auth?

Posted Feb 02, 2018 11:08 AM
    So that's what I am trying to understand.
    During a MAC auth, we are looking at the endpoints repository but the value I am attempting to pull comes from the guest user repository..

Unless I create a post authentication entity update where I store that value in some random Endpoint attribute (or create one) and leverage it during mac auth..

• 4.  RE: Update radius:ietf session-timeout on MAC auth?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 02, 2018 11:10 AM
    The post_auth method would probably be the easiest.

• 5.  RE: Update radius:ietf session-timeout on MAC auth?

Posted Feb 02, 2018 11:12 AM
    I'll think of something...

It's a particular scenario as well which only happens if someone never ever disconnects...