Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Using Customer's Browser IP address to map roles and apply application enforcement profiles

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Using Customer's Browser IP address to map roles and apply application enforcement profiles

Posted Feb 04, 2016 05:16 PM

I would like to use the ip address of a customer's web browser to determine which Guest Operator Profile to use.

For example I only want to allow students connecting to the Guest regsistration login from the dormitory wired subnet(s) to have a specific Guest Operator Profile privileges.

Thanks.

-Neil

• 2.  RE: Using Customer's Browser IP address to map roles and apply application enforcement profiles
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 04, 2016 05:17 PM

I don't believe this is possible since the client's IP is not available in policy during a CPG login.

• 3.  RE: Using Customer's Browser IP address to map roles and apply application enforcement profiles

Posted Feb 04, 2016 05:49 PM

Thanks! I'll test it in the lab.

-Neil

• 4.  RE: Using Customer's Browser IP address to map roles and apply application enforcement profiles

Posted Feb 16, 2016 04:31 PM

Yes, I tried it in our lab and it doesn't work. The Client-Src-IP is always returned as 127.0.0.1