Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA 3.1.6 Download

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  VIA 3.1.6 Download

Posted May 12, 2020 05:13 AM

Can anyone point me towards a download for the VIA client version 3.1.6 for Mac OSX, I checked the support portal and the latest version on there is 3.1.3. The App store version is now 4.0.0 and users with older OSX versions are having issues, so would like to be able to make the previous version available to them.

Thanks

Dave

• 2.  RE: VIA 3.1.6 Download

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 12, 2020 01:14 PM

hi dave,

depending on the OSX version, this is not possible anymore. In order to use VIA, the software must come from a trusted source. without that trust, it is not possible to create the IPSec profiles on OSX and use those system functions. 

I think it started with Mojave. This means older versions (not from the App Store) will not work on Mojave and newer versions of OSX. 

***UPDATE****

I just checked the version you are asking for, which is already from the app store. But I think the answer stays the same. It is not possible to download earlier versions from the app store. Only the latest one is available. All other versions, cannot be used, as they will not come the AppStore (trusted source)