Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

VIA "Send Logs" Function

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  VIA "Send Logs" Function

Posted Jun 05, 2019 07:09 PM

I just use Gmail from a web browser as my email program.  I like it and have no desire to install an imap client in windows.  However if I want to see the logs of the VIA client or send them to Aruba Support to ask for their help on an issue, my understanding is the only wayt to get those logs is to click the "Send Logs" button.  When I do so, I get an error message that there's no default mail program set in windows, and I can't get to the logs.  

My suggestion is that you make a download logs button so I could just grab the logs and do with them as I please.  Don't force me to install Thunderbird or Outlook just to be able to get via logs to debug a via issue.

• 2.  RE: VIA "Send Logs" Function

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2019 12:24 AM
    While it does pop open the default mail client, the log file is also saved to /Users/username/Library/Containers/com.arubanetworks.ArubaVIA-NEMAC/Data/Documents/Virtual Intranet Access