Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

WPA2-MPSK import from XML

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  WPA2-MPSK import from XML

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 25, 2019 06:02 PM

I have been playing with the new WPA2-MPSK for a few days now. I configure my services in CPPM and use the guest module to add devices. This works as expected.

But now I have a challenge to import endpoints from an xml file. What I want to achieve is to import a list of mac addresses and WPA2 keys as bulk. I do not want to use the automatically generated keys for this.

The "mpsk" field is used in the guest module. But when I add it to my import / export list, the keys are not visible or imported.

When I look in the CPPM service I cant edit the Radius: Aruba "Aruba-MPSK-Passphrase" attribute with a variable that matches my keys. I only see an option to automatically generate the radius attribute a key.

I would like to be able to import a list into the guest device database with mac addresses and custom wpa2 keys. I would like to achieve this to migrate from a different brand wlan environment to Aruba. The old environment uses the MPSK per device principle and i would like to import the WPA2 keys per devices 1:1 so that the user does not notice this.

Is this possible, and is there maybe allready a good manual arround of the new WPA2-MPSK functionality, it would be very welcome.

MPSK.JPG

• 2.  RE: WPA2-MPSK import from XML
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 26, 2019 12:07 PM

You need to add two fields to your spreadsheet: mpsk and mpsk_enable

mpsk spreadsheet.jpg

You'll see that they both come in as auto-detected fields for "Wi-Fi Password"

mpsk import.jpg

• 3.  RE: WPA2-MPSK import from XML

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 26, 2019 04:31 PM

Jfox, a lot of thanks for this tip. My issue was i first edit my export template, make a export en replace the values. But at this first row i see "WiFi-Password" two times. When i change the first row with "mpsk" and "mpsk_enabled" it works as aspected. THANKS!

Is there also a option to export the Keys? When i export with the "mpsk" field it remains empty :(.

• 4.  RE: WPA2-MPSK import from XML

Posted Mar 26, 2019 04:46 PM

I also see an empty field when I export a CSV.

Per Tim Cappalli, there is not a way to bulk export keys.