Security

Valued Contributor I

Why cache SQL auth source results for 10 hours?

Here's a question for you:-

I needed to link our clearpass service into an existing quarantine solution used by our FreeRadius service. I did this by having a separate MySQL mac_address table with a field that identifies whether a device is quarantined or not and creating an authentication source that does "select count(*) from  .... where <mac address is quarantined>"

This returns a 0 if not quarantined  and 1 if quarantined. I then use this to set a Quarantine role which is used in my enforcement policy.

Problem is that there is a default caching policy of 10 hours on a generic SQL auth source ... 10 HOURS!

Why 10 hours? That's hell of a long time. I know you can change it for  a given auth source object, but a cursory glance at the default makes you think its 3600 seconds i.e. an hour

Rgds

A

Guru Elite

Re: Why cache SQL auth source results for 10 hours?

I don't think there is a specific reason why that is the default. The expectation is that you would change it depending on the use case.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: