Security

Aruba

Re: WiFi access using Facebook, Google or LinkedIn credentials

Spoiler alert! !!! :)
@andrea.consadori wrote:

is there any details about that?

it's possibile to "force" guest to put "i like" in facebook wisp page before getting access?

Andrea,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m confused on your first question.

As for your second question. You will be able to have a page with the login with Facebook page, and then you will be able to have VIP access. Their might be a way to force a user to like your page but you would need to do some creative services. It will not be a native function but would be a nice feature request. 

Below is a screen shot of an example page. 

A sample scenario: A guest user logins in with the LinkedIn button. The user likes company A on LinkedIn and you will be able to see their like status in a return attribute from LinkedIn and you grant them a better QOS/Bandwidth compared to a user that does not like company A on LinkedIn. 

SS_2014-04-22_at_2.46.03_PM.png

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Can I have the information too? I am trying out facebook integration with Clearpass.

Thank you.

Contributor I

How close is this to being available to Prime Time?

Aruba

I know its active in 6.4. I will have to see if it will be in 6.3.5.
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

Contributor I

Thanks for the update... I guess 6.4 is only available to the beta group for now, as I do not see it for download yet. 

Hi All,

Any solution for now? Anyone can share some info?

Thank you!

Aruba

6.4 is around the corner and as of today there is an old way of doing it by adding a few files to CPPM. I can send you the files but they are not supported by TAC, there is only basic setup and it is very challenging to setup. 

My recomendation is to wait until the full release is availible. Im sure you can understand that we would like to make sure we do a full test and work through any issues before it goes out to production. :)

We are not only giving you a Facebook login, but also Linkedin, Google, twitter to name a few. As of today there is over 20 different social logins you will be able to use.

Screen Shot 2014-07-30 at 1.10.47 AM.png

Thank You,
Troy

Thanks bro! You are the best!

Contributor I

That's awesome... it will add additional options to the validated e-mail / sms options already configured.

Thanks

Guru Elite

6.4 was released a few hours ago. 

Have fun :)

6-4social.png

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: