Security

Highlighted

Re: Wildcard certificate question

Double and triple check the password. :) also make sure the sever cert is the first in the list when you created the pem file
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

Ok thanks. But I don't have any password. I have generated my CSR with this site : https://csrgenerator.com/ and I have a RSA PRIVATE KEY only.

Highlighted

CPPM requires you to enter a password.

You maybe able to reset the password on the pkey, but with you being new to Certs I would recommend to just do a new CSR.

Generate it with CPPM and make sure you download both .csr and .pkey Have Godaddy reissue the cert. They usually give you a couple day buffer to redo it, but you might have to call into their support to reissue you the cert token.
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

The problem is that I can't do a CSR with CPPM because I can't have a CN with *.mydomain.ch.

Thanks

Dimitri

Highlighted

Its been a while since Ive done this. Give this a try

You will need to install OpenSSL

> openssl pkcs12 -export -inkey <yourServerPrivateKeyFile> -in <yourServerCertificateFile> -certfile<intermediateCAFilename> -certfile <rootCAFilename> -out <newCertifcateFile>.pfx

You might have to export it out as a .pem

Thank You,
Troy

Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

Thanks but where do I need to install it ?

Highlighted

You need to install OpenSSL on your PC. On windows I use

http://code.google.com/p/openssl-for-windows/

Thank You,
Troy

Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

Thanks, I'll try and give feedback.

Dimitri

Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

Seems to work, thanks for the help :)

Highlighted

Make sure that when you combined the certs that they are in the right order and they are the correct certs.

You don't have to always combine the certs its just recommended because not all device trust the full chain

Server cert
Intermediate (there might be more than one intermediate)
Root CA

Open the original cert they sent you and look at the last tab and it should show you the full chain
Thank You,
Troy

View solution in original post