Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Within Airwave a Method to Distinguish Device Disconnect and Access Denial Types

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Within Airwave a Method to Distinguish Device Disconnect and Access Denial Types

Posted Mar 19, 2014 05:25 PM

Within Airwave, is it possible to distinguish and determine the following:

• device that is denied access to an SSID
    • device that disconnects from an SSID
    • device that is denied access to a network
    • device that disconnects from a network
    • device that cannot authenticate
    • device that deauthenticate for any reason

Some of these scenarios may be one in the same. My overall question relates to where in Airwave can I determine the status of a device. I would also ask the same question (and corresponding scenarios) for ClearPass and accounts within ClearPass.

• 2.  RE: Within Airwave a Method to Distinguish Device Disconnect and Access Denial Types

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 19, 2014 07:17 PM

From the Home screen, there is an Alert summary box.  In there, you can click on RADIUS auth issues.  It will give you a table like this:

Screenshot 2014-03-19 19.15.32.png

• 3.  RE: Within Airwave a Method to Distinguish Device Disconnect and Access Denial Types

Posted Mar 21, 2014 11:04 AM
    Thanks Seth. I have a discussion with an administrator that has access a production AirWave server. There should be plenty of RADIUS authentication issues on that server.

• 4.  RE: Within Airwave a Method to Distinguish Device Disconnect and Access Denial Types

Posted Mar 24, 2014 05:17 PM

For devices that authenticate with CPPM or another RADIUS server, this works. However, for devices that authenticate with a controller-based landing page server or Linux-based landing page server, I did not see those devices in the window that you showed. For devices that authenticate with a passphrase, I do not see those devices either. Sorry that I did not clarify before, how do I answer the questions that I asked before for devices that do not authenticate with RADIUS?