Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

airgroup apple tv

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  airgroup apple tv

Posted Sep 09, 2014 07:43 PM

Hi there,

so here is a good one.

Since it is back to school and since we have more and more teacher equiped with Ipad, someone decided to by a bunch of Apple TV to allow mirroring in the classrooms.

We have the latest version of Aruba OS and the latest version of clearpass so thanks to Airgroup, most of the issue is resolved.

Most because some of the Apple TV are not even connected to the Network (and won't be) because wiring is not possible and Apple TV does not support WP2Enterprise.

So usually we add the device to ClearPass and allow share/discovery based on a role that the user get assigned once connected.

The fact is that the Apple Tv is not connected so does not get a role through authentication.

Long story short, thoses devices cannot be seen by users connected to the Network.

any idea?

Also, aside, does anyone have a step by step for this :

A prof has an airplay server (Apple tv or Airserver app etc ..) and he has 2 Ipads, one laptop and one iphone.

He wants all device able to airplay to the Airplay server but be the only one who can actually access it.

I tried clearpass based on personal instead of shared and then put his userID , it is still visible by everyone (fine i guess) but noone including himself (with his userID) can mirror ..

Thanks for your help.

If it is too long to explain let me know I can give you a call .

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: airgroup apple tv

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2014 07:49 PM
    Couple of things:

ATV does support wpa2-enterprise, you just need to load a network profile using Apple Configurator.

In order to restrict devices to users based on ClearPass registration, you need to enabled "Enforce ClearPass registration" in your AirGroup settings on the controller.

• 3.  RE: airgroup apple tv

Posted Sep 09, 2014 08:15 PM

Thx for the quick reply.

Giving the amount of devices, for now, the profil upload is not an option for us.

Regarding the Enforce , it is actiavted though .

• 4.  RE: airgroup apple tv
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 09, 2014 09:06 PM

On your controller, please run the command below. Is there any data in the groups/roles columns?

show airgroup servers verbose

If you need support outside of this forum, please contact Aruba TAC or your Aruba partner.

• 5.  RE: airgroup apple tv

Posted Sep 10, 2014 08:04 AM

The output is completely empty.

I ll open a support request.

Thanks again for your time.

• 6.  RE: airgroup apple tv

Posted Sep 09, 2014 09:03 PM

@cappalli , Can I actually send you a screenshot .. i don't want to post it in here.