Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

captive portal redirection aruba welcomeCaptive portal redirection to URL... but not Apple...

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  captive portal redirection aruba welcomeCaptive portal redirection to URL... but not Apple...

Posted Feb 08, 2016 07:46 AM

Hi Forum,

I am not sure how widely used this is, but we use the php script on CPG to redirect users to the originally requested URL.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/aaa-nac-guest-access-byod/10457/1/Amigopod%20Technote%20-%20URL%20Persistence%20with%20Aruba.pdf

However, now everything is under great scrutiny - and when apple captive portal assistant springs up it still works, except it produces a "success" page.  I know this is what IOS looks for, but I think the above workaround confuses IOS and makes it show the page not receive the page and get rid of the portal.

It's untidy - any ideas how to get rid of this?  That is use the redirection, but make it Apple Captive Portal compliant?

Thanks in advance.

Nik

• 2.  RE: captive portal redirection aruba welcomeCaptive portal redirection to URL... but not Apple...

Posted Feb 15, 2016 11:58 AM

This is because the Apple Captive Network Assistant (CNA) is triggering the redirect and CNA is requesting captive.apple.com. You can disable the ability for the CNA to launch on both the Aruba controller and Clearpass. This would stop this happening but would mean the end users would need to manually open a browser app as opposed to it popping up automatically.