Security

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

create additional Captive Portal and make it default, how ?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  create additional Captive Portal and make it default, how ?

Posted Feb 05, 2015 04:21 AM

Hi,

Currently we are using the Captive Portal (Test1) that was created by my predecessor.

Within Configuration >> Management >> Captive Portal, there are two Profiles (1) default and (2) Test1

We are using this Test1 which has custom background and text.

I would like to create another one called Test2, Is following the correct way to do it ?

Configuration >> Security >> Authentication >> L3 Authentication >> Captive Authentication >> Add, give a name as Test2, then I replicated the settings from the Test1. Then back to Configuration >> Management >> Captive Portal >> Profile >> Test2, and changed the background/text.

How do I make the Test2 default, currently connecting to the Guest Wi-Fi displays Test1.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

• 2.  RE: create additional Captive Portal and make it default, how ?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2015 04:49 AM

BickyZ,

When your user associates to a Captive Portal SSID, without doing anything, they are placed into an initial role.  To get that user to use your new Captive Portal Authentication profile, edit that role and change the Captive Portal Authentication Profile parameter to your Test2 that you created.

That should be all that is necessary.

• 3.  RE: create additional Captive Portal and make it default, how ?

Posted Feb 05, 2015 04:56 AM

thank you Colin