Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

dhcp address

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  dhcp address

Posted Jan 02, 2020 01:53 PM

I have a aruba 7200 controller and we broadcast an SSID and the dhcp is set to relay to the clearpass.  On the clearpass under services I see that under the enforcments tab devices are going to certain vlans.  the devices get an ip in those vlan\scopes

I cannot find where these ip's are coming from does the clearpass have a dhcp server? does it relay to something else?

the ip's my clients recieve are not on my windows dhcp server so i'm wondering where they come from

I inherited this setup and am discovering it by the day so pleae forgive my lack of knowledge

thanx

• 2.  RE: dhcp address

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 02, 2020 02:10 PM
    Clearpass does not have a DHCP server. A helper address is pointed at Clearpass to identify the device operating system through fingerprinting. Another DHCP server would have to be in play to provide IP addresses.

• 3.  RE: dhcp address

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 06, 2020 04:38 AM

If you have a Windows client, if you run "ipconfig /all" in a command box, it will show you the IP address for the DHCP server which may help in finding out what device is providing IP address for your network.

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 10.37.37.png