Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

guest account expirationguest account expiration with clearpass and cisco WLC

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  guest account expirationguest account expiration with clearpass and cisco WLC

Posted Oct 14, 2015 12:39 PM

hi all

i got a problem, with the guest account expiration is not working on CISCO WLC, but tried on the aruba AP/controller its working fine.

1. creating an account with expiration, user was able to redirected to CP of the clearpass and able to successfully login using the guest account created. after some for example i created specified to expire on 5:00 PM, on the clearpass the account status changed to expired but on the client device laptop / phones still able to connect on the guest SSID.

please help, anyone, thanks

• 2.  RE: guest account expirationguest account expiration with clearpass and cisco WLC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 14, 2015 12:40 PM
    Do you have Change of Authorization configured and tested?

• 3.  RE: guest account expirationguest account expiration with clearpass and cisco WLC

Posted Oct 14, 2015 01:27 PM

hi tim sorryim just new, CoA i just added the cisco termination on the guest access service, but i cant verify what or which attribute should i used and how will i know that its the correct attribute.

• 4.  RE: guest account expirationguest account expiration with clearpass and cisco WLC

Posted Oct 15, 2015 06:25 PM

when you create guest access an profile will be automatically created, this profile works on aruba AP's in the scenario of guest account expiration and device/client will be automatically disconnected to the network and prompt again the captive portal to re authenticate.

2015-10-15_10-59-35.jpg