Security

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

how to import custom MIB to ClearPass 6.8

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  how to import custom MIB to ClearPass 6.8

Posted Feb 11, 2020 06:28 AM
      |   view attached

I am having trouble profiling statically configured IP devices. I am using SNMPv3 to read ARP table of a Dell switch. But I am receiving any device info, IP details, hostname etc. After troubleshooting I could see OID it's using to retrieve info, either doesn't exit or not supported. getting the error: SNMP Datatype: SNMP_EXCEPTION_NOSUCHOBJECT

Value: No such object (SNMP error # 222). I want to import attached MIBs to CPPM. can someone please help how to import MIBs to CPPM?

Thanks.

Attachment(s)

zip
    Release-6.6.0.13-mibs.zip   757 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: how to import custom MIB to ClearPass 6.8

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 13, 2020 06:09 AM

Using SNMP protocol does CPPM is not fetching any profiling data or you looking for any specific data which is missing in profile data in CPPM for that specific device?

If CPPM server is not showing correct Device /Family/Category then you can create custom Device Fingerprint under

Administration » Dictionaries » Device Fingerprints.

We do not have option to import custom MIBs to CPPM.

Quick profiling guide, along with SNMP we have other methods to fetch data.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=33255

• 3.  RE: how to import custom MIB to ClearPass 6.8

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2020 09:41 AM

Please work with Aruba Support to find out if the issue is indeed in the MIB. Support can also advise you on how to get a request for support filed.