Security

Highlighted
New Contributor

problem with my radius server

i have a strange problem on my radius server.
The official aruba tech support cannot resolve my problem.
And i'm stuck with my customer.

when i try to connect in active directory by radius server the client windows 7 says me :" unable to connect into "ssid name".
and when i try to view in system log on my event viewer i can't see anything regarding IAS protocol.
aruba tech support on phone says me the all configuration in ias and in my AP 105 is correct but still can't authenticate me.
I tryed many differents methods without certificate request with certificate with another type of policy under ias option and now i don't have any idea why my user cannot authenticating properly.
I followed the official guide configuring ias server for win srv 2003 from scratch with no luck.
i have windows server 2003.
With 8 aruba AP 105.
All the devices are in the same subnet 192.168.16.x .

Any help is very appreciate! Thanks Community.

Guru Elite

Re: problem with my radius server

I am assuming that you used AAA test-server under the diagnostics tab on the Aruba controller?  Is the Windows 7 device part of the domain?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
New Contributor

i don't find AAA test-server i don't have external controller the controller in aruba instant AP105 is embedded.
MY client test windows 7 is not in a domain .

Thanks for rapid response cjoseph.

Guru Elite

I am sorry.  I thought you had 8 AP05s and a controller.  You have 8 IAP-105s.

Log into the commandline of the IAP that the wireless device is connecting to and type "show auth-tracebuf" to see if you can see the radius conversation, so we can get a clue what is happening. 

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: