Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

problems with wpa2-ent implmentation

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  problems with wpa2-ent implmentation

Posted Sep 12, 2012 06:10 AM
    I recently setup WPA2-Ent authentication for my wireless network. It seem to be working fine but there is some little issues that troubling me. 

One of the issue is sometime it take a lot of time to connect to it compare to connecting to WPA2-PSK. It is a issue for us because we need to wait around 15 seconds or longer everytime we turn on our laptop before we can use the network. 

The secondary issue is sometime after waiting for too long, it do not connect to the network and getting a self assign IP.
    Screen Shot 2012-09-12 at 10.04.02 AM.png
    I will have to turn off and turn on the wireless in order for it to connect. This is very troublesome for us. I believe it might to do with the configuration that i setup. Can anyone advice? 

• 2.  RE: problems with wpa2-ent implmentation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2012 07:22 AM

In the eventviewer of your radius server, is the authentication going through?

Do your clients have the latest drivers?

Are you sure that you have enough addresses in your DHCP scope?

• 3.  RE: problems with wpa2-ent implmentation

Posted Sep 12, 2012 09:17 PM

i have not check the eventviewer in my radius server when the situation occur, but will sure do it next time. All my client are using macbook and have the latest update. There are enough ip for distribution in my dhcp scope. Thanks

• 4.  RE: problems with wpa2-ent implmentation

Posted Sep 12, 2012 08:09 AM

I think it is Apple related problem, we have same issues with ipads doesnt get an ip - do you use dhcp-helper ? this was our way to fix it.

• 5.  RE: problems with wpa2-ent implmentation

Posted Sep 12, 2012 09:18 PM

i ahve dhcp-helper enabled but it seem not helping much. 

• 6.  RE: problems with wpa2-ent implmentation
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 27, 2012 09:33 PM

For update, this seem to be a mac issue. Apple recently release updates to fix the issue.