Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

translation of week days and month

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  translation of week days and month

Posted May 24, 2019 05:22 AM

Hi,

i want to translate days of week (monday thursday wednesday and abbreviation) and month (january february...) that appears f.e. in account_activation field or on failed/success login attemps (text id #17419 #17421).

seems language pack didn't translate it.

somebody knows how can i accomplish it?

thanks

• 2.  RE: translation of week days and month

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2019 12:21 PM

Can you screenshot the exact spot you do not see it?  I thought the backend did dates for you based on the browser.  

• 3.  RE: translation of week days and month

Posted May 27, 2019 09:35 AM

HI,

here some screen; i think it doesen't depend on the browser because it isn't translate also on receipt sent by mail.email receiptemail receiptcreate_user_receiptcreate_user_receipton operator loginon operator login

• 4.  RE: translation of week days and month

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2019 04:25 PM

Interesting.  So our library is suppose to account for this but it seems the Locale formatting may have changed since this all started.  Go to Configuration > Translations > Language Packs, edit the pack (Italian, right?), and set the Locale to "it_IT.UTF-8".  We will test here but I think all of them need to change from code.UTF-8 to code_code-UTF-8.

• 5.  RE: translation of week days and month

Posted May 30, 2019 03:23 AM

in the language pack is already set right as you wrote.

but on the main page it is setted like en: 

Cattura.PNG

how can I modify it?

• 6.  RE: translation of week days and month

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 30, 2019 09:22 AM

Look closely again at the Locale column.  You have 'it.UTF-8' (what we ship with), but that is no longer detected correctly by our latest OS.  Edit the pack and change it to 'it_IT.UTF-8'.  Note how German and some others have the '_CODE' in there.