Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

windows, android and ios over a single ssid

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  windows, android and ios over a single ssid

Posted Sep 26, 2013 07:36 AM

Hi, is it possible to connect both windows, ios and android devices to enterprise AD over on a single SSID by using clearpass ? Thanks.

• 2.  RE: windows, android and ios over a single ssid

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 26, 2013 07:45 AM

Yes you can use either PEAP (username/password) or TLS (certificates). ClearPass can use device attributes and user attributes to calculate a policy for the device/user combination.

• 3.  RE: windows, android and ios over a single ssid

Posted Sep 26, 2013 08:01 AM

Thanks.

All we want from ClearPass;

keep in touch with enterprise AD. Then control the windows notebooks if they belong to our enterprise domain, if they are update and if they have antivirus.

And for ios (iphone ipad) control the jailbreak and  control if it belongs to our enterprise. and if it is possible control ios version of the device.

If evertything above is ok then connect all devices through same ssid to our local enterprise network. I want to be sure about that. So I write again in details. All I want is possible ?

• 4.  RE: windows, android and ios over a single ssid
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 26, 2013 08:05 AM

Yes, through profiling and role mapping you can get very granular with each device.

ClearPass OnGuard can do posture assessment to check updates and antimalware definitions.