Training, Certification & Career

Re: ACMX Study Suggestions

Well, we do recommend 2 years of experience w/ Aruba before attempting ACMX/ACDX.  

If you have access to lab gear, just practice all the labs from MBC, Airwave, and ATS.  If you can get through the MBC labs quickly and reliably you're most of the way there.  At that point you'll be comfortable w/ taking controllers from scratch, bringing them up, applying licenses, touching all the profiles to build SSIDs, setting up Mobility, Master-Local, redundancy, etc.  

--
Christopher Leach - CISSP, ACDX, ACMX
Director, Training and Certification

Where can i get this?

"just practice all the labs from MBC, Airwave, and ATS"

I mean those labs? MBC? whats that? ATS?

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Aruba

Chris is referring to the labs you get access to (your course work/book) when you take

MBC = Mobility Boot Camp

Airwave = AWMS training

ATS = Advanced Troubleshooting.

JF

Im mising the Airwave training and the Advance troubleshooting heh

i hope my boss pay me both trainings :) hehe

Alternetworks Corp
Aruba

Good to put a training plan together for sure... so you can be 'first in line' when budget comes up ;)

Good luck!!

Highlighted

yep im alrady studying the VRDs.... which will help me to deploy better my deployment and i read already some stuff i shouldnt do... that i was doing.

I want that cert as this is the brand we sell in our company that i like the most.   :)

ihope being ACMX also like you all :D

About the buget of the trainng i dont worry too much about that my boss already paid me ACMP trainig and ACSP training dont see why he wont pay the Advance troubleshooting training  i bealive he will want ACMX in our company, and the only in the country. :)

Alternetworks Corp
Aruba

Great to hear it... nice to see a company but more importantly an individual (yourself ;)) dedicated and motivated to learn all that's out there.

Kudos...

JF

PS - find the training somewhere WARM would be my final guidance ;-)

Occasional Contributor I

Hello Guys , 

I have my ACMX Exam in two months , and one guy was telling me that we are not allowed to use the GUI for the configuration and we can do it only through CLI , Could anyone confirm if this is true !!!!!!!!!!! or we can use the GUI in the exam !!

thanks 

Wow, that is some bad info.  You can absolutely use either.  The laptops we provide you with have a terminal emulator for serial access, an SSH client, and of course a web browser to use the GUI.  Use whatever you are most comfortable with.

--
Christopher Leach - CISSP, ACDX, ACMX
Director, Training and Certification
Occasional Contributor I

Dears , few more questions if any one can help me with 

1- do we have to configure MST200 , MSR 2000 , 4000 in the exam ? and do we have to have the knowledge of that ?

or only Aruba Mesh with AP 175 ?

2- Do we have to configure clearpass ( Amigopod ) in the exam ? or its part of it 

3 - Do we have to configure Aruba Instant AP?

appreaciate your answer ASAP , many thanks