Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: yesterday 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Licensing a MC

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Licensing a MC

Posted Jun 17, 2019 10:44 PM

Hi.

Do AP licenses need to be purchased when using a Physical Mobility Controller, i.e. does a 7005 come with 16 AP licenses?

Do AP licenses need to be purchased when using a Virtual Mobility Controller, i.e. does MC-VA-50 come with 50 AP licenses?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Licensing a MC

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 18, 2019 06:04 AM

Hi,

You always need AP Licence

• 3.  RE: Licensing a MC

Posted Jun 18, 2019 06:36 PM

Thanks.

Is the same true for Mobility Master Licensing? You always need a MM?

• 4.  RE: Licensing a MC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 18, 2019 10:56 PM

You can deploy ArubaOS 8.x without an MM.  It is considered an MCM.  It is licensed like ArubaOS 6.x

Please see the centralized licensing chapter of the ArubaOS 8.x fundamentals guide here; https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/atmosphere/2018-Airheads/Fundamentals%20Guide%20-%20ArubaOS%208%20Fundamentals.pdf

• 5.  RE: Licensing a MC

Posted Jun 19, 2019 12:13 AM

Sorry my, follow up question wasn't very clear. What I meant was, when licensing MM, you always need a MM license for each device (controller and AP) or do any of the MM's come with licensing?

• 6.  RE: Licensing a MC

Posted Jun 19, 2019 01:36 AM

Hi,

MM license is different than other MC or AP etc licenses.

as per AOS and Aruba, you have to purchase the below license to implement your wireless.

MM license: MM license is required to support the controller or  APs on Mobility master

AP license: This license is required for each AP to terminate it on Controller and advertise your BSSID.

PEF license: Each operational AP, which use policy enforcement consume one PEF license.

RFprotect license: this license is required for each operational  AP using below features like AM, SM, WIP, and MultiZone.

apart from above if you need other license based on your need you can try VIA for VPN, WebCC for web security and ACR its for advanced cryptography.

Best Regards,

Sureshreddy