Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 13 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Newbie needs direction in Certification

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Newbie needs direction in Certification

Posted Jan 21, 2014 12:03 PM

I am on the IT Staff of a small hospital in Vermont which is going to be switching from Meru to Aruba for our site wide wireless.  I would like direction on how to obtain certification, paths to take, pricing and so on.  My background - I have been managing our current Meru setup for the past 7 years, so not a "wireless newbie" but new to Aruba.

Any help much appreciated.

Keith

• 2.  RE: Newbie needs direction in Certification

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2014 04:39 PM

Hello!  Welcome to the Aruba family.  I think you will like what you see :)  

In terms of getting training, I would recommend the Mobility boot camp as it will cover a lot of the necessary setup and maintenance tasks of managing our systems.  

If you are using Aruba Instant, there is free training at cloud.arubanetworks.com

In terms of getting certified, read and study the Validated Reference Designs (which are also a great source of information) - http://www.arubanetworks.com/technology/reference-design-guides/

I would focus on the Controller, Campus, and 802.11n guides. 

• 3.  RE: Newbie needs direction in Certification

Posted Jan 23, 2014 12:31 PM

From personal experience, I would recommend reading up on Aruba's products before you attend a boot camp.  I went in to one a few years ago with no wifi experience and was completely clueless.  It was struggle for me given the speed of the boot camp class.  Having a bit of a background, knowing the basics, would've really helped me.  You have wireless experience, so maybe that would help, but I don't know enough about Meru to say how well that knowledge would translate.

• 4.  RE: Newbie needs direction in Certification

Posted Jan 23, 2014 08:53 PM