Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

2930F voice vlan config

This thread has been viewed 46 times
  • 1.  2930F voice vlan config

Posted Jun 24, 2019 03:10 PM

Hello everyone, im new to Aruba.. I am replacing the cisco 2950 with aruba 2930f switch.

Right now i have 

switchport access vlan 10

switchport voice  vlan 150

on each interface on the cisco switch, whats the equivalent command in aruba?

any help would be appreciate it... also SVI voice vlan recommendation on aruba too.. 

Thanks

• 2.  RE: 2930F voice vlan config
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 24, 2019 03:39 PM

Greetings!

The equivalent AOS-Switch configuration on the 2930F to what you have configured on your existing switch would be this (replace port list and IP addressing with actual values):

vlan 10
       name "Data"
       untagged 1-24
       ip address 10.0.10.1/24
       exit
    vlan 150
       name "Voice"
       tagged 1-24
       ip address 10.0.150.1/24
       voice
       exit

As far as the voice VLAN SVI, could you clarify what kind of recommendation you're asking for? 

• 3.  RE: 2930F voice vlan config

Posted Jun 24, 2019 03:43 PM

Great, this is exactly what i was looking for..on the interface you specified "voice" do you know whats that for? also is there any recommendation on qos for voice?

Thank you very much

• 4.  RE: 2930F voice vlan config

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 25, 2019 04:55 AM

@bibinm wrote:

Great, this is exactly what i was looking for..on the interface you specified "voice" do you know whats that for? also is there any recommendation on qos for voice?

Thank you very much

it is to configure voice vlan (and qos)

• 5.  RE: 2930F voice vlan config

Posted Dec 16, 2020 01:31 AM
    Hi

i want to assign data and voice vlan on same port in 1950 switch.what are configuration commands.
    please help.

Thanks in advance.

Rajesh

------------------------------
    rajesh kumar

• 6.  RE: 2930F voice vlan config

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 16, 2020 04:27 AM
    Please ask such questions in the HPE OfficeConnect forum for better reach. The 1950 is not an Aruba switch and has nothing to do with this thread.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

• 7.  RE: 2930F voice vlan config

Posted Sep 24, 2019 04:41 PM

Did you actually test this out?  Were you using LLDP-MED on any of the phones to push voice VLAN or location data?  As far as I can tell, LLDP-MED PDU transmission is completely busted on the WB/WC switch software chains.  (I have what might be approaching a year-old ticket in on this.)

• 8.  RE: 2930F voice vlan config

Posted Mar 11, 2020 09:35 AM

I just ran a packet capture on two Aruba switches in my office.
    Both have the string "voice" configured on the VLAN.

I ran a packet capture & the DSCP marking is CS0

What should the marking be for all voice packets if the VLAN is configured for Voice ?

• 9.  RE: 2930F voice vlan config

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 12, 2020 04:13 AM

Hi,

What the phone ? because voice vlan, don't tagged but only allowed tag (and push info to phone via LLDP-MED)

• 10.  RE: 2930F voice vlan config

Posted Dec 14, 2020 09:20 AM
    hi

in HP 1950 semi managed switch I want to assign port to both data and voice.please send configuration.

Rajesh

rajesh kumar

• 11.  RE: 2930F voice vlan config

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2020 04:31 AM
    Please ask such questions in the HPE OfficeConnect forum for better reach.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.