Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Occasional Contributor I

2930F voice vlan config

Hello everyone, im new to Aruba.. I am replacing the cisco 2950 with aruba 2930f switch.

Right now i have 

switchport access vlan 10

switchport voice  vlan 150

on each interface on the cisco switch, whats the equivalent command in aruba?

any help would be appreciate it... also SVI voice vlan recommendation on aruba too.. 

Thanks

MVP Expert

Re: 2930F voice vlan config

Greetings!

The equivalent AOS-Switch configuration on the 2930F to what you have configured on your existing switch would be this (replace port list and IP addressing with actual values):

vlan 10
   name "Data"
   untagged 1-24
   ip address 10.0.10.1/24
   exit
vlan 150
   name "Voice"
   tagged 1-24
   ip address 10.0.150.1/24
   voice
   exit

As far as the voice VLAN SVI, could you clarify what kind of recommendation you're asking for? 

Matt Fern
Technical Marketing Engineer, Wired Intelligent Edge

Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company

8000 FOOTHILLS BLVD  |  ROSEVILLE, CA 95747
T: 916.540.1759  |  E: mfern@hpe.com   |   Matt @ Twitter
Occasional Contributor I

Great, this is exactly what i was looking for..on the interface you specified "voice" do you know whats that for? also is there any recommendation on qos for voice?

Thank you very much

Highlighted
MVP Expert

@bibinm wrote:

Great, this is exactly what i was looking for..on the interface you specified "voice" do you know whats that for? also is there any recommendation on qos for voice?

Thank you very much

it is to configure voice vlan (and qos)

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

PowerArubaIAP: Powershell Module to use Aruba Instant AP

ACMP 6.4 / ACMX #107 / ACCP 6.5
Super Contributor I

Did you actually test this out?  Were you using LLDP-MED on any of the phones to push voice VLAN or location data?  As far as I can tell, LLDP-MED PDU transmission is completely busted on the WB/WC switch software chains.  (I have what might be approaching a year-old ticket in on this.)

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: