Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted

3810M Memory and Processor

Hi community

I have reviewed the memory and processor specifications for Aruba 3810M 48G PoE+ 1-slot Switch (JL074A) and found this:

• P2020 Dual-Core @ 1.2 GHz, 4GB DDR3 Synchronous Dynamic Random-Access Memory (SDRAM), 1GB SD card
  • Dual ARM coretex A9 @ 1 GHz, 2GB DDR3 SDRAM; packet buffer size: 13.5MB internal

Can anybody tell me why it seems to be 2 processors?

Regards

PS: If you feel this information is useful and solved your question or problem, please do not forget to mark it as a solution and give me some kudos.
MVP Expert

Re: 3810M Memory and Processor

Hi,

I think there is a Processor for CPU and another for ASIC (or it is the process of the ASIC...)

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

PowerArubaIAP: Powershell Module to use Aruba Instant AP

PowerArubaMC: Powershell Module to use Mobility Controller / Master

ACMP 6.4 / ACMX #107 / ACCP 6.5 / ACSP

There is a "primary" CPU for the entire system and a "secondary" CPU for each ASIC.  The "secondary" CPU will run processes that require a fast response, such as MAC learning or ARP response.

Thanks Alexis and Justin.

I suppose the first one is the "primary" CPU (not precised in the datasheet)

@Justin: About the secondary one ... one CPU per each ASIC?, would it mean 3 Secondary CPUs if there is 3 ASICs?.

Regards

PS: If you feel this information is useful and solved your question or problem, please do not forget to mark it as a solution and give me some kudos.

Yes, that's correct.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: