Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: an hour ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

3810M stack scheduled firmware upgrade

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  3810M stack scheduled firmware upgrade

Posted Nov 08, 2018 04:26 AM

Hello all,

I usually scheduled the upgrades with command "reload at". That worked for single switches but it does not with a stack. What it does is just reloads only the commander so no firmware upgrade is done.

I scheduled it with a job like this:

job "test-upgrade" at 10:00 on 12/12 config-save "boot system flash primary"

I haven't tested yet, even if it does work as expected it's a bit of a "hack". If for some reason I mispell the command, the upgrade will not begin.

In another thread I saw that "schedule reboot" command can be used but that's an inherited Comware command and it will probably end up dissappearing sooner or later, is there any "ArubaOS" command to schedule a stack upgrade?

Cheers!

Aarón

• 2.  RE: 3810M stack scheduled firmware upgrade
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 08, 2018 04:02 PM

Greetings!

The schedule reboot command works similarly to the reload command in that it will trigger a stack commander failover to the standby, and not reboot the entire stack. The best option at this point is to use the job scheduler to trigger a boot system command at the desired time, as shown in your example. This will reboot the entire stack, as intended.