Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

[5400] Replace OOBM address

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  [5400] Replace OOBM address

MVP
    Posted May 19, 2020 10:32 AM

This may be a weird question - I have a 5400 that I am currently in the process of setting up for future use.

At this point it is connected only via its' OOBM port, I am not on location and I need to change the OOBM interface network.

If I had direct access I would either use console or add a different IP on one of the vlans connected with an uplink to allow me to change the OOBM address, but currently I lack that ability.

Running

# oobm ip address [addr]/[mask]

returns:

Cannot configure more than one IPv4 address on OOBM interface.

Instead of changing the address, for obvious reasons I can't run "no oobm ip address" at this stage.

So that leaves me with the question how can I fix this?

Can I edit the boot-config and reboot the switch?

• 2.  RE: [5400] Replace OOBM address
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted May 20, 2020 08:28 AM

@Keeper of the Keys wrote: Instead of changing the address, for obvious reasons I can't run "no oobm ip address" at this stage, can I edit the boot-config and reboot the switch?

I think that approach is going to be your only viable option (especially if you're acting remotely to CLI in absence of any remote access capability to local serial console port in case you need or just in case you accidentally lock out): upload a startup configuration which should include the changed OoBM IP Address and force the switch to reboot/reload without - if even asked - saving the running configuration (the request to save the runnning configuration into the startup configuration shall be proposed in case the running configuration was changed on the switch and not saved before your modified startup configuration was uploaded and before the reload/reboot). At reload/reboot the Switch will load the uploaded and updated startup configuration and you should be able to connect to the Switch by using the new OoBM IP Address.

• 3.  RE: [5400] Replace OOBM address

MVP
    Posted Jun 09, 2020 06:42 AM

In the end I had someone who came into the office add a link from one of the switch ports to the backbone, but had that not been possible I would have tried the startup-config way.