Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

5412zl2 and QSFP into Blade Center

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  5412zl2 and QSFP into Blade Center

Posted Feb 27, 2019 03:51 AM

Hi

I've had this open for a while on the HP forum;

https://community.hpe.com/t5/Aruba-ProVision-based/QSFP-Configuration-to-Synergy-12000/m-p/7035966#.XHZKnS2cZTb

No one's answered, so I thought I'd try my luck here? 

Anyone?

Pete (PeteNetLive)

• 2.  RE: 5412zl2 and QSFP into Blade Center

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 27, 2019 06:41 AM

"for a while" is not the case...you just wrote it on Monday February 25th...two days ago!

Are you sure you don't need to configure LACP on ports on the Synergy side? it seems like first port of each QSFP going to separate Switch (Slot 3 and Slot 6) - Synergy side - is unblocked and remaining ports are blocked...are both Switches - Synergy side - deployed as an IRF (so they appear as a logical Switch to the Aruba 5400R zl2) in order to use a LACP with links spanning to both Synergy Switches (Slot 3 and 6)?

• 3.  RE: 5412zl2 and QSFP into Blade Center

Posted Feb 27, 2019 06:46 AM

Hi - Yeah Sorry, I'm in forums a lot, Usually on the answering side at Cisco and Experts Exchange, 2 days is a long time for me !

Anyway, to answer, LACP IS setup on the Synergy it configures it by default when you create an 'uplink group', with no interaction. The latest firmware (which I put on last week, let's you change the LACP load balancing algorythm, but its on 'select based on  source ip and mac, and destination ip and mac' anyway.

Pete

• 4.  RE: 5412zl2 and QSFP into Blade Center

Posted Mar 07, 2019 03:49 AM

Update: Got a call open with the Aruba support team, they tell me they can not see any misconfiguration on the 5412.

They are contacting the Synergy team to see if this is default behaviour

Regards

Pete (PeteNetLive)

• 5.  RE: 5412zl2 and QSFP into Blade Center
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 26, 2019 02:00 PM

Problem solved the -  'sub' oe 'virtual' interfaces on the Synery needed adding to the uplink group

See

HPe Synergy 12000 MPIO QSFP to 10GB SFP Setup

Pete