Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

AP277 does not negotiate POE using LLDP from Cisco switch. AP 324 Negotiate fine.

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AP277 does not negotiate POE using LLDP from Cisco switch. AP 324 Negotiate fine.

Posted Sep 28, 2016 12:00 PM

When I connect an AP277 to my Cisco 3560x switch it appears to not negotiage POE with that switch. From the controller I run Diagnostics, then system status under Access points, i select my AP and scroll down to bottom of Status and under power status LLDP negotiated POE power is 0.0w. On my Ap324s it shows 25.0w. We would like this feature to work because we could reboot our remote Ap277s. Does anyone know why this is not working?

• 2.  RE: AP277 does not negotiate POE using LLDP from Cisco switch. AP 324 Negotiate fine.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 01, 2016 09:02 AM

What version of ArubaOS is this?  What is configured on the Cisco port?

What is the output of "show ap debug system status ap-name <name of ap> | begin "Power Status" for both APS?