Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Another one of those new to Aruba and can't ping in or out of vlan 1

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  Another one of those new to Aruba and can't ping in or out of vlan 1

Posted Aug 27, 2020 05:45 PM
      |   view attached

Trying to get a new 2930M ready for production and I think I have everything pretty much the way it should be. Should be a simple setup. Mitel voice phones on vlan 20 with data passthrough using vlan 30 and dhcp working. aruba wireless 515, manage on vlan 6, networks on vlans 35 and 90 works. I can ping and access across all other vlans to include switches 1-6. 

BUT, I can't manage this switch (10.10.1.7) without giving myself an ip on vlan1. Have my computer connected to port 4 and I don't have an issue being on vlan 30 and managing the other switches.. 

I can ping anything on vlan 1 but i can't ping to any address on another vlan from the console. 

If anyone could take a look I would appreciate it. 

Attachment(s)

txt
    aruba config.txt   2 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Another one of those new to Aruba and can't ping in or out of vlan 1
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 29, 2020 11:12 AM

Missing default route / default gateway

# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 <default router ip on vlan 1>

• 3.  RE: Another one of those new to Aruba and can't ping in or out of vlan 1

Posted Aug 29, 2020 11:42 AM

Thank you sir. Figures it has to be something simple. Not sure how I kept missing that.